Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Week Before...

Hey friends and family!

One more week before I head out to England!  Almost everything that needs buying has been bought, however, I haven't gotten anywhere on the packing front! That'll be the day before...

This will be my attempt to stay in touch and update people on what I've been doing - I'll be updating this blog every now and then - I am by no means punctual!  I apologize in advance for my poor grammar and excessive use of exclamation marks!

For those of you that don't already know, I'll be embarking on a 6 month journey to YWAM Harpenden, approximately an hour or so north of London.  I don't know too many details yet - I'll find out once I get there!

Send me a message if you have questions about where I'm going or what I'm doing!

Til next time!

Stephen


What's YWAM you ask? 
"Youth With A Mission is a global movement of Christians from many cultures, age groups, and Christian traditions, dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. Also known as YWAM (pronounced “WHY-wham”), we unite in a common purpose to know God and to make Him known."

What am I doing?
"The DTS [Discipleship Training School] is a 6 month program in which Christians from all over the world, representing different denominations and cultures, come together for in-depth teaching and training in Christian living, evangelism and ministry to the poor and needy. YWAM is dedicated to participating in the task of reaching the whole world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the DTS is designed to motivate and equip trainees to participate in the fulfilment of the Great Commission and to challenge you to "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation" (Mark 16:15). 
The program is divided into two parts: the lecture phase followed by the outreach phase which includes a time of de-briefing the school before Graduation."

Mail! Always appreciated!

Stephen Wright
January 2016 DTS
Youth With A Mission Harpenden Highfield Oval
HARPENDEN
Hertfordshire
AL5 4BX
United Kingdom

How can you help?

Prayer!

Pray that I would be willing to listen, learn, and submit to God's will.
Pray that I would use this time to listen to God, and allow Him to show me how I can serve Him in my life.

A verse I've been thinking about recently...
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment