Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Update 4: Congrats and Goodbye

As I’m typing up this update, I am waiting to board my plane at the Toronto Pearson Airport. This has been a rollercoaster of a month!

If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that during the summer, I broke a finger, and earlier in September, I had my wisdom teeth out. I’ve been slowly recovering from both over the course of the month. The past few week have been trying for me as I’ve been dealing with roadblock after roadblock! I had to get both of my cochlear implants sent back for repair before I left as they weren’t working too optimally from a summer at camp! I was sent the replacements about a week ago, however, I quickly realized that the replacements weren’t working the way they should be, and I needed replacements for the replacements! Thankfully they came just a few days ago. I also needed to send my FM systems back to the manufacturer to be cleaned and checked (they also weren’t working well this past summer). They bounced around a bit, and finally were delivered yesterday… to London! There was a tight timeline to get them from London to Cookstown, but thankfully they arrived last night! In the end of it all, God worked through these situations to teach patience and to rely on Him for things to work out. (Check out the song “Tremble” by Mosaic MSC - definitely helped me get through this week!)

While there’s been some crazy stuff going on, there’s also been a lot of good too. I was able to go down to London 2 weekends ago and visit with some of my friends from Western and from my church down there! It was great to see them, as I haven’t been back to London since the end of April when I moved out.

Lunch in London with some of my classmates and friends

This past weekend, my Mom organized a “Congrats & Goodbye” party to celebrate the completion of my Master’s, and to see me off for England. It was a great time, and I’m so thankful for all my friends and family that were able to come see me off. I seem to move so often, and haven’t felt “at home” in a long time, so it was great to be reminded of the amazing support group I have behind me as I head off to England.

The aftermath of the party.. Realized I didn’t get pictures with anyone during the party!

Saying goodbye to home for the next few months

On Sunday, I was able to share with my home church a bit of what I’ve been up to and what I’ll be doing with YWAM these upcoming months. My interview was filmed, and is posted on YouTube if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/pMXrZE4qJrk

My family is all over the place right now, as my Dad travels a bit for work, and both of my brothers are in university (one is on co-op and is living at home). However, I was able to see them all in the last 24 hours, which was great!

My brothers and I last night - Austin came home for a short time (and to eat my Mom’s “Thanksgiving dinner”!)

Brooke saying goodbye

My parents and I at the airport. My Dad drove out from Kingston to see me off!

Prayer Requests:
- Safety: It’s so weird when people say “Have a safe flight”, it’s not like we have any control over what happens! Thanks Austin for putting that thought in my mind haha. But I would appreciate prayers for safety as I make my journey back to England
- Finances: Thank you so much to everyone who has been helping support me up to this point! I still need to raise about another $2000 to cover the remainder of my fees.
- Rest: Jetlag isn’t fun, and listening is very auditorily fatiguing, prayers for rest and energy to be able to listen, understand and communicate with those around me are also appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment